The DIY secondary glazing horizontal sliding system makes up to give two panes which may be of equal or unequal size to match your existing window layout. The basic two-pane system may be extended to three or more panes by using one multi-pane kit for each additional pane.
The panes slide smoothly in tracks which are fitted to the window recess. There should be a flat area of at least 42mm ( 1 11/16″ ) all round to accept the tracks. The system is sutable for windows up to 8 feet wide by 6 feet high, but no single pane should exceed the following sizes for 4mm glass or acrylic and 2mm acrylic.
Selecting Your Kits
- Measure the height and width of your window recess.
- For 2 Sliding panes choose 1 x Height Kit and 1 x Width Kit to the nearest longer size.
- For 3 or more sliding panes select 1 x Multi-Pane Kit for each additional pane.
- The kit contains accessories and step-by-step instructions.
- Select your glazing material after you have installed the outer tracks and taken precise measurements from them. Each single frame should not exceed 20sq. ft.